Monday, January 25, 2010

NEW WORK - A SISTER'S CHALLENGE


Well, this first one may not be so new....... My sister Mary and I challenged ourselves with a piece of fabric picked up in Sacramento, California in November 2008. The one element that needed to be in the piece was curves. The challenge fabric is the multi-colored one. I took my work in progress to Tucson in March of 2009. I only had about an inch left to quilt but took it anyway to show Mary (who lives in Tucson).
Needless to say the piece has been hanging on my design wall for almost a year with only about an inch of quilting left...... I finally finished that last bit yesterday. There is no binding as I am debating on continuing with this quilt or calling it done. I am thinking about washing it and doing a little surface design after the washing (see previous works). Haven't made up my mind but thought I'd show "A Sister's Challenge".

No comments: